If you are a nature traveler or eco-tourism lover and wide plains, high mountains, natural springs, and wide mountain ranges are your favorite, the vast plains of Iran will offer you a wide range of these beauties. Although Iran is known as a desert country and has vast and unique deserts, Iran's special geographical location and diverse mountain ranges (Alborz in the north and Zagros in the west and south) have created vast and diverse plains that fascinate all tourists. These vast and beautiful plains are generally located on the slopes of the high mountains of Zagros and Alborz, which will be very attractive not only for nature walkers but also for mountaineers.
Iran's nature in spring is so attractive that you have various choices. Choose these places and enjoy Iran's beauty.
On the wide area of the Alborz mountain range, a heavenly plain is spread out, which is covered with flowers, and greenery that continues as far as the eye can see. Azo plain is a green nature covered with colorful flowers and wild tulips. In spring, the green vegetation and yellow flowers of this plain are like a colorful carpet spread on the ground. The wild tulips of the foothills, medicinal plants, and wildflowers have also shown another manifestation of the beauty of nature on this plain.
When you stand on the top of Dasht Azo, you will see a view of Damavand Peak that may not be seen anywhere else.
Why do we recommend visiting Azo Plain?
Many reasons can attract you to this amazing area.
- Seeing sunrise and sunset in the heart of a wide plain.
- Photography of the Azu Plain attracts many tourists and photographers to this beautiful region every year.
- Night camping and watching the starry sky.
- Cool mountain climate.
- Fruit gardens and various local springs.
- short distance and easy access to Tehran (100 km)
- You can see diverse vegetation and medicinal flowers such as sedge, thyme, oregano, chamomile, and angelica.
How to get there?
This beautiful plain is located 100 km from Tehran. Please contact us to arrange a tour program.
Daryasar Plain with over 2,000 meters above sea level is located in Tonekabon City, Mazandaran Province. This green vast area is surrounded by tall mountains and is one of the most beautiful tourist attractions in northern Iran. In fact, this plain is a borderland that connects the lush forest cover of northern Iran to the snowline and glacier of Mount Alamut. Darya Sar Plain with its golden chamomile flowers in Ordibehesht has been nicknamed the Tourist Paradise.
Why visit Daryasar Plain
- 4000000 years old Hyrcanian forests.
- Visiting the Caspian Lake (the largest one in the world).
- Attractive and beautiful spring areas.
- Local orchards.
How to get there?
The distance between Tehran and Daryasar is 288 km, and it takes five to six hours by private car. You can use public buses (Tehran-Chalos and Ramsar). Please contact us to book private vehicles or public buses.
Lar Plain near Tehran, with diverse green plains and different local plants, is one of the most beautiful spring plains. It is a nearby destination for a one-day excursion and enjoying the beautiful nature of the mountainous region of Alborz and Zagros. Lar Plain (Dasht e Lar) will fascinate the viewer with a series of natural sights such as waterfalls, rivers, mountains, and hills. Lar Plain with 74 hectares area is also known as Lar National Park.
Why do we recommend visiting Lar Plain?
- Visiting Lar Plain means seeing many wonders of nature gathered together:
- The diverse vegetation of this plain with medicinal and edible plants such as barberry, mountain tea, thyme, wild mushrooms, etc.
- There are many wildflowers, like purple and purple wild iris, and anemones.
- The rivers of the Lar Plain are home to aquatic life such as red-speckled trout.
How to get there?
Tehran to Haraz Road is your main Asphalt way to reach this area. After Bumehen and then the Imamzadeh Hashem, you'll see a spectacular view of Mount Damavand. Stop by and take a photo of this white epic giant. The Lar is located after Polour in less than 10 minutes. If you need a 4x4 vehicle, please contact us to book a one-day tour.
The plains of anemones and wild sunflowers are a destination for tourists from different parts of the country, and every year thousands of tourists travel to this recreational area. Kalpoosh Anemone Plain is located in a vast area at a distance of 120 km from Miami city in Semnan province and also in different parts of Golestan province. This beautiful plain, which is covered with sunflowers and red anemones, is located in Semnan province between Shahrood and Gonbadkavos cities, which attracts many enthusiasts in the middle of spring. If you are interested in nature tourism and nature photography, don't miss this place.
Sosan Plain is one of the tourist destinations and attractions of Khuzestan province and is located 35 km northwest of Izeh City in the Sosan district.
The spectacular and magical Sosan Plain is one of the most beautiful natural areas of Izeh City. The flow of the Karun River, the presence of water springs, green hills, and heights, various plant species including pomegranate trees, oaks, figs, chamomiles, daffodils, and anemones, historical attractions, and spectacular plain villages have made Sosan a tourist gem of Izeh.
What to see?
This beautiful area will provide a memorable trip for you with a series of entertainment.
- Boating: Boating in the Karun River and visiting different local villages can be a pleasure and an unforgettable experience for you.
- Fishing: fishing can be one of the best pastimes by the river; So don't forget your fishing hook on your trip to Sosan Plain.
- Walking and watching nature: the lush and lovely nature of the Susan Plain, beautiful flowers, spectacular elevations, and the sound of the Karun River is the best environment for walking and enjoying the peace and beauty of nature.
- Village tour: Sosan Plain is full of traditional villages with hospitable and kind people.
- Photography: the landscapes of Dasht Sosan are many subjects for photography and recording happy and fun moments; So don't forget the camera.
How to get there?
This area is near Shushtar in Khuzestan province. You can use public buses to Khuzestan province.
Contact us for bus and 4x4 car reservations.
If you have selected the west of Iran as your nature destination Ardabil with a complex of historical and especially natural features can surprise you. If you like a green plain, full of flowers such as chamomile and pristine forest, you can feel all the beauty and freshness of clean air in Fandoghloo Jungle & Plain.
Where is it?
The most western part of the Hyrcanian forests close to Astara in Gilan Province, is the Fandoghloo Jungle. Fendoghloo Jungle is one of the tourist spots in Namin in Ardabil province, located south of Namin city. The distance between the jungle of Fandoghloo and Ardabil is 39 km, that of Astara 67 km, and that of Tehran 626 km. We are therefore not exaggerating if we say that the Fendoghloo jungle is a unique region. The area of this forest is about 25 km, and its altitude is 1500 meters above sea level, which reaches 1850.
For more enjoyment of the route, mountaineering groups prefer to choose routes that are more beautiful, have easy routes, and have a slight slope. Among these routes, the two routes of Lawton Falls to Fandoghloo Jungle and Lake Soha to Fandoghloo are better. In both directions, the hot spring of “Mash Sooi” is a stop and after that, they go to Fandoghloo Jungle. If you are planning to travel to Fandoghloo Jungle, you can view and choose the cheapest prices for forest tours in Iran Destination from the most reputable travel agencies.
Stay in the Fandoghloo Jungle.
Where to stay?
You can select local houses, eco-lodges, or standard hotels for accommodation. There is a small accommodation complex for tourists. It is, therefore, possible to stay in the jungle.
The best time to visit this Jungle
It is located in a very cool and pleasant summer place and is one of the cold regions of Ardabil province. Thus spring and summer is the best time to visit.